Modding and pushing Asus N56VZ to its limits

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Kawaxte, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Kawaxte

Kawaxte Guest

Hello. Yesterday I got my Asus N56VZ-S4043V and I was already amazed by its quality and performance, even with an M-type CPU.

So I had an idea to mod its screen to 144Hz 40pin or 120Hz 30pin. Both are FHD and IPS. Before doing that I would like to replace both keyboard and case, buy a motherboard with GT 750M, slap i7-3840QM in there as cooling wouldn't handle a 55W CPU. This is the best 45W I can get for it. I also wanted to put a HDD Caddy in there to use a HDD and SSD (SSD in main, HDD in caddy). Who needs CD drives in 2018 anyways? So, I looked up 120hz/144hz screens on eBay and their appearance seems to be different from my screen
    This is what my screen would look like: (would as if it was mine. I'm not gonna check what mine actually looks like)
    asus.png

And this would be every 120hz/144hz screen out there.
    usual.png

Both these screens have 40pin eDP on screen's motherboard and output via 40-pin LVDS on motherboard. So is it possible to do something like this?

Kawaxte, Oct 9, 2018
Ask a Question