mobile phone + bluetooth = internet ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KiNG, Sep 15, 2008.

1. KiNG

KiNG

Anyone know using winxp, if i can connect my motorola v3 via bluetooth and get internet access on the aspire one ?
    I have them pairing to each other, but nothing more yet.

KiNG, Sep 15, 2008
  2. KiNG

melhiore

What Bluetooth software you use?? In Widcomm and Bluesoleil there is Dial-Up option. It's doing exactly what you need...

melhiore, Sep 15, 2008
  3. KiNG

westonpf

You should be able to do this through the network manager built into XP. You will need pair the phone and then set up a new network connection to the phone. You will need to know the APN, login and DNS details for your carrier, the dial up number for most phones seems to be *99# but you may need to check. You will also need an initialisation string so that XP knows how to use the phone as a modem in the UK this site gives some useful info http://www.filesaveas.com/gprsconnect.html#laptop

westonpf, Sep 15, 2008
  4. KiNG

KiNG

thx ill look into it when i get a chance

KiNG, Sep 20, 2008
  5. KiNG

mattvirus

I have an HTC 6800, and when I connect via bluetooth I have a new network connection available. "Bluetooth Personal Area Connection" or something like that..............right click, join network....and off we go :)

mattvirus, Sep 23, 2008
  6. KiNG

maciek

yes, but thats only if you're using windows mobile 6 powered device. It is dead easy though, just as you say.

maciek, Sep 23, 2008
  7. KiNG

nchntr

I use me cellphone for Internet all the time. 1st thing to note (make sure you have an unlimited data plan on your cellphone, some companies charge $0.01 per Kb, to $20 for 5Meg, without unlimited data plan.) As far as tehtering your RAZR V3 (it depends on what model it is) I have only been able to get my V3i (Non-Branded, Unlocked RAZR with iTunes UK import phone) all other v3 were branded and had the bluetooth modem features disabled. In these cases you next bet is to use a USB cable. Motorola Phone Tools v4.x+ will allow for nearly Zero-Config internet access as well alotta other phone related stuff.

Hope this helps.

nchntr, Oct 12, 2008
  8. KiNG

Zoide

Here's a super simple way of setting up a Windows Mobile phone so that it can provide internet to your netbook over Bluetooth. It worked with my Aspire One, the only problem is that the speed is incredibly slow for some reason.

Zoide, May 21, 2009
  9. KiNG

Erik the Lion

For you I think your easiest option is to use Motorola Phone Tools. it has alot of the settings premade for you. Just do a google search for "Motorola Phone tools download"
    :3

Erik the Lion, Jun 18, 2009
  10. KiNG

Erik the Lion

For you I think your easiest option is to use Motorola Phone Tools. it has alot of the settings premade for you. Just do a google search for "Motorola Phone tools download"
    :3

Erik the Lion, Jun 18, 2009
Ask a Question