Missing ACPI Drivers?? And no battery features

Discussion in 'Windows' started by electronrancher, Nov 10, 2008.

1. electronrancher

electronrancher

Hi,

I think I'm missing an ACPI driver. Device manager shows two unknown devices "on Microsoft ACPI-compliant" system.

I suspect it's the power management stuff, becuause my device can't see remaining battery and always says it's on AC power.

Can anyone give a suggestion or point me in the way of the driver for this one. Or.... If your's works, can you tell me what one you are using.

Last note about my suspicion: When installing the AA1 drivers on a fresh XP install it somehow kills the bios. I think it's the Intel chipset drivers, but I'm not sure. On next reboot, I get nothing on the screen. It's very repeatable (I installed xp 3 times already from different distros, always does it). So I have to reflash the bios using USB key and the FN+Esc low level flasher and then the AA1` comes back up fine. But I get no battery icon, just says AC power even if it's not... And the mysterious two unknown devices. Oh BTW - I did UTFSE, the other guy's fix of auto-installing the drivers doesn't work for me.

Hope you can help - cheers!

electronrancher, Nov 10, 2008
  2. electronrancher

goofball

Is this an nlited install or basic?
    What kind of computer type is showing in device manager?
    The Intel chipset driver should take care of that, though I believe MS has built-in drivers as well for that.
    What bios version are you using? and what version of chipset driver?

goofball, Nov 10, 2008
  3. electronrancher

daf1

I have the same problem. Two missing drivers underneath the network cards. Any ideas as to what I need to set these up. I've downloaded and run every driver found on the Acer site.

(XP Lite SP3 install, by the way)

Thanks in advance

daf1, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question