Migishu game list

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Migishu, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Migishu

Migishu

I've started to create a list of what works and what doesn't in a Google spreadsheet.

Most of the data in the spreadsheet I did pull from this thread, and I am making this document freely available to users to view. If anyone has any more updates, I will be happy to update the document (you can PM me or post it here).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p9_nCgKqvCF0NzPi1oOvVOw

It is a mostly incomplete list (my next update will be to the hacks section as some games do have widescreen hacks available) but I do plan to update it frequently.

E: Note, I do want to keep this as just PC games for the time being.

Migishu, Sep 16, 2008
  2. Migishu

Mistabeen

Re: Aspire One Game Compatability List - Post Results Here!

could you make it so the document can be edited by others, because certain resuls conflict witth what others say, and some just aren't mentioned yet ^^

Mistabeen, Sep 17, 2008
  3. Migishu

Migishu

Re: Aspire One Game Compatability List - Post Results Here!

One thing I want to try to avoid is letting it open to the public, mostly because of the possible abuse (it only takes one to delete everything, plus I don't think it'll let me just open it up. I couldn't find anything on googles site). I will, however, give you contributor access if you give me your e-mail address.

Also, I made a form that anyone can fill out to make things easier. It will publish the content to the form immediately, but can still be deleted or updated by contributors. I will accept updates to any game on the list too.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/embedded ... zPi1oOvVOw

e: current version here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... zPi1oOvVOw

Migishu, Sep 18, 2008
  4. Migishu

Ranjit

I dont see the point of having another list, which contains mostly copied results, if you want to you want to add to this forums list then post in the thread dont post links to another list its pointless and confusing for users. If you want to help out on the current list in this forum, pm me.
    If You choose to continue your list and copying results from this forums thread then credit this forum and its users please

Ranjit, Sep 19, 2008
  5. Migishu

Mistabeen

The list on this forum is far from complete or easy to use.
    This excell document is much easier to use, and less confusing.
    I think he is only doing this to helpp out the people on the board in the first place, it's not like he branded the thing with his own name or anything, the list is a community project just like wikipedia could be, I really don't need to stroke my ego by seeing my name mentioned on a list when I submitted it.

you got my vote to sticky this thread instead of the other one.

Mistabeen, Sep 19, 2008
  6. Migishu

Migishu

(note, this thread was originally pulled from the stickied topic that ranjit had created.)

First, I want to say that ranjit did an excellent job starting the list, and yes I did take most of the games on my list from his stickied topic (and this forum). All I wanted to do was create an improved version of his list. One thing I did was to sort each game alphabetically, which makes it easier to search for a particular game. Another thing I did was to add a bit more information, things like the resolution the game will run (a lot of games are native 4:3, and some won't allow lower than 768 for height. An example of this is Civ4, which runs (albeit slowly) but requires a min res of 1024x768. I felt information like this would be beneficial).

One other benefit of the form I created is that the list is dynamically updated. Anyone that adds something to the form will have their information updated almost instantly at the bottom of the page. The only editing that I do is to put it as part of the main list, in its alphabetical spot, and to add some comments where they're needed). I'm still playing around with Google docs, and I'm going to see if it can automatically place the new entries in to the list, or try to have the comments show up when you hover over instead of having it underneath.

One thing I didn't do though is give credit where credit's due. I will update my list to give thanks to the forum and its users (and any other forums I've posted on, but the only other one so far is Something Awful), and for those nice enough to spend some time to add on to the list.

Right now, the layout is not final. It does look like a big mess, especially when you scroll down the bottom of the page to see the comments. When I get some time I am going to make it look more user friendly and nicer to look at.

Migishu, Sep 19, 2008
  7. Migishu

Ranjit

Niether list is complete because finding the compatability is a WIP, as far as easy, i dont see how its not easy other that it not being ordered in any particular way Ctrl+F and you type your game, if its on the list itll jump to it. I realize he trying to help people out, but having to lists is confusing, am I wrong? As for him branding no he didnt brand it but he took results from somewhere else and you have to credit the other source, and its not like wikipedia because only certain people can edit it.

---------------------

Indeed your version of the list is nicer, I like it,especially that you included the individual info for widescreen hacks, and ingame settings(but it didnt belong in that post so i moved it, gotta keep stuff orgainzed sorry), pm me if u want because we can make your list the main list on the site, I like its organization(excel is much better than having a forum post).

Ranjit, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question