Microsoft's new Windows 10 build allows you to text from your PC, but it's the bug fixes that impres

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Microsoft launched build 10572 of Windows 10 Mobile to its insiders, together with a few nifty improvements on the messaging fronts. But, as before, you’ll still need to first downgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 to take advantage.

Microsoft did say, however, that this two-steps-back, one-step-ahead approach will soon stop, and users in the Windows Insider program will once again be able to upgrade from Windows 10 preview builds without having to downgrade first.

But the new build offers several intriguing new features, such as the ability to receive a notification on your Windows 10 PC that you’ve missed a call, and then to send a text via your PC’s Cortana assistant. The new build also boasts improvements to Skype and Skype messaging, improved Cortana tracking of movies and events, and the ability to book a car through Uber. Finally, the new build includes support for offline maps stored on the SD card as well as a new storage experience that’s shared with Windows 10 for the desktop.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2995...ur-pc-but-its-the-bug-fixes-that-impress.html

I will not be upgrading anytime soon ;) But I think that by the time I get to use this OS things will surely be much better :) I'll definitely wait other 5 years to get a new laptop, which basically means a new OS for me.

Sefie, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

That all sounds great for Window users! My MacBook can receive and send messages from the people with the same OS, but not from Android or Window, which is a shame since I rather do it all on one device rather than two different one if I am on my Mac lap top.

IcyBC, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Yes, I think this is really awesome to be honest :) It's amazing to be able to text from one single place, honestly it's this kind of things that won't make it so hard on me when I get a new new laptop and I a forced to use Windows 10.

Sefie, Oct 26, 2015
Ask a Question