Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, May 25, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, May 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. something back

Sefie

Thank you, this is exactly what we needed! My husband was having such a hard time trying to upgrade one of the computers. Thank you! Perfect timing indeed!

Sefie, May 26, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. something back

something back

bump

something back, Jun 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. something back

SirJoe

Thanks, I have been looking for something like this for sometime. Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 I got locked out and was not able to download windows 8.1. I do have it backed up but wanted a full ISO, just in case.

SirJoe, Jun 28, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. something back

obliviousme

Thank you for the link, I'm sure this will come in handy in the future. I've just bookmarked the link. :p

obliviousme, Jul 4, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  6. something back

IBMPC8088

You could just use the safe torrents and magnet links to grab it with utorrent from one of the digital river mirrors that Microsoft authorized. There's still a few in Germany and elsewhere even for direct downloads. You can just grab it, burn it as an iso, and then get rid of Windows 10 with it once you have. If you need any drivers, you could play it safe by downloading the offline package to a flash drive of all the drivers you'd ever need for free (and having them automatically instal without going online; perfect when you need to get an unknown ethernet or wireless card working to go online). Just make sure you don't get the Yandex toolbar if you choose to install any of the software and Visual C++ Runtimes,.NET packages, etc. If you just tell it to install drivers only, it won't install any software and only the drivers that you need. You can get it by going to DriverSolution.

IBMPC8088, Jul 4, 2016
  7. something back

IBMPC8088

Here is one of the original digital river mirrors in Germany that is still available. After Microsoft ended the Digital River main site in the US back in 2013, it didn't apply to any of the mirror sites which are still operational. :)

German Digital River Mirror Site 1

IBMPC8088, Jul 4, 2016
    something back likes this.
  8. something back

something back

Interesting to know

Although I myself don't need a copy, I have never seen a link that contains windows 7 starter.

something back, Jul 4, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  9. something back

IBMPC8088

Windows 7 Starter was practically Vista but worse in some ways. It limited how many programs you could run at once to like 4 or something, and was an early model for having people pay for "unlocking" programs that ran fine on XP, Windows 2000, and Vista. They abandoned that with the release of Windows 7 Home on out, but tried to revive it with the "app store" with Windows 8. It's ideal if you want to try it out to see how Microsoft planned to limit Windows 7, but it's not of much use on a regular system. Win7 Starter didn't use as much ram since it was purposely limited, and was slated to use most of the netbooks around 2009-2010 that were coming out back then but had limited hardware (well, Asus netbooks were powerful, but the HP and Dell ones really were not, and Microsoft wasn't about to put Linux on any of them lol...so they had the scaled down "Windows Starter" for those systems, and anyone using a laptop or desktop they expected to pay to upgrade to something more useable.)

IBMPC8088, Jul 5, 2016
    something back likes this.
Ask a Question