Microsoft to support Windows 10 updates for 10 years for free.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Jul 18, 2015.

1. something back

something back

something back, Jul 18, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. something back

Lun

Isn't 10 the last OS though? What after these 10 years? Are they going to come up with an OS with a different branding than Windows? This raises more questions to be honest lol.

Lun, Jul 19, 2015
  3. something back

IcyBC

That is good to know! If they want us to upgrade then that is the right thing to do for their customer. I am not sure where I am with this Window 10 upgrading, since my laptop seems to just slowly dying. I have to take it in, but I have no funding right now.

IcyBC, Aug 9, 2015
  4. something back

RageGamingZone

Before installing windows, I would recommend reading about it first, specially the parts where microsoft will be able to get information from your computer because your are using this OS. Examples of data they will be collecting include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.
    Microsoft can view your existing files and keylog everything you type when you create new ones. Use Windows 10 and you are agreeing to give access to all your data to the company.

Yes this is an operating system which can listen to everything you say, read everything you own and track everything you write and click.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
    RageGamingZone, Aug 14, 2015
  5. something back

Snakevenom

It's nice to know that people who weren't running 7 onwards know that if they upgrade to 10 then they get a product with a very long lifespan. They're want everybody on the latest OS so it makes sense that they would make it long term.

Snakevenom, Aug 16, 2015
  6. something back

Sefie

@RageGamingZone I had heard about this before and I thought it was so darn shady to be honest. It sounds truly shady if you put it that way, I had heard about keylogger before and it seemed so unnecessary. Sadly a lot people I know have already upgraded to Windows 10. Luckily I haven't, and I don't think I will until I see myself forced to make the switch... most likely once this laptop kicks the bucket after 5 or 6 years.

Sefie, Sep 11, 2015
Ask a Question