Microsoft pulls Windows 10 Mobile update after users hit snags

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Microsoft has pulled an update to Windows 10 after users reported a wide variety of issues with the upgrade process, according to a post on the company's Answers technical support forum.

The patch, which was the first cumulative update Microsoft made to its mobile operating system after launching it, has been pulled from public update channels, moderator Mike Mongeau said. Users were reporting that the update wasn't being offered, that it appeared to get stuck at 0 percent and that low storage notifications showed up after the update was installed.

According to Mongeau's post, Microsoft's engineering teams are working on fixing the update. People who are seeing "low storage" notifications can safely ignore them. It's not clear when a fix will be available, however.

Users who have pending updates, whether from applications or the system itself, should make sure that they leave their phone connected to power until the patching process finishes. Users who have already installed the update will still be able to upgrade to the next version of Windows 10 Mobile.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3015...s-10-mobile-update-after-users-hit-snags.html

Sefie, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Sefie

PingPongCall

If I recall correctly, Microsoft also had problems launching the windows 8 mobile updates. Why can't they seem to get the mobile implementation down correctly? Is it really that different from a desktop OS or is the architecture pretty much the same?

PingPongCall, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

Why did they even release it when it is not working smoothly? What is the rush?

When there is a major update in any system, I am usually the turtle one as it scares me out of my wit if something doesn't work right. I supposed to be updating my MacBook to OS X El Captian but still ignoring it until they said I have to. I hate messing around with what works for me in the current stage.

IcyBC, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Sefie

Sefie

Same here ;) Hence I am still using Windows 8.1, because if it ain't broken... why even fix it, right? Most of the times there are so many bugs when somethings is released, it's a good idea to wait out, as you said :) I used to be the first one to rush in the past, not anymore ;)

Sefie, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

Well, just take a look at all the bugs people could find at first on Windows 10. It feels as the Microsoft guys seem to be in a hurry lately, so they don't seem to be checking things so carefully as they did some years ago.

Sefie, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Sefie

tommytrant20

please show me how to remove antivirus programs available in win 10 because it conflicts with other antivirus programs and reduce my memory a lot thanks

tommytrant20, Dec 21, 2015
  7. Sefie

PingPongCall

Probably the same reasons behing the early release of Vista, they were just trying to play catch up with Apple at the time.

PingPongCall, Dec 31, 2015
  8. Sefie

nytegeek

That sounds like a fan boy statement if I ever heard one. Vista actually wasn't released early and it wasn't a case of catch up with Apple.

nytegeek, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Sefie

nytegeek

The interesting thing is that I didn't run into any snags and I am in the insider program. I have been getting Windows 10 updates for Mobile pre-release. Most of the issues I had prior to launch were relatively minor and fixed in corresponding updates.

nytegeek, Jan 1, 2016
Ask a Question