Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to provide you with data transfer tools

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Sep 1, 2015.

1. something back

something back

something back, Sep 1, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  2. something back

Sefie

Uhm, how convenient. It's pretty obvious what they wanted from the start was making us run buy a new laptop ;) I wonder if this has worked with most XP users? I have an old Windows 7 computer, does this work only with Windows XP computers or also with Windows 7 ones? Either way thanks :)

Sefie, Sep 1, 2015
  3. something back

jamesbonner

that looks really interesting !! I really need such tool to move all my projects (as I work as coder) from my old windows 7 to the new windows 10, I hope that it works fine and without any problems ...

jamesbonner, Sep 2, 2015
  4. something back

Diane Lane

This is interesting. I haven't heard about Laplink in ages, so wasn't aware it was still around. I have always kept information on my laptop and desktop separate, due to legal privacy issues, and have backed them up to a portable drive, but this is something to look into, since I will be needing to replace one or both at some point in the not so distant future.

Diane Lane, Sep 2, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. something back

IcyBC

That is very interesting indeed, and like @DianeLane I also keep my files separate, just in case. I shall bookmark the link for use when my HP is fixed.

IcyBC, Sep 24, 2015
  6. something back

Nestone50

I'd suggest you download the program and keep it handy as the Microsoft link says it is only available for a limited time.

Nestone50, Sep 24, 2015
  7. something back

Diane Lane

@Sefie Here's what it says, 'transfer selected files, folders, and more from an old Windows PC to a new Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 PC.", so it sounds as if it works for potentially all old Windows versions prior to 8.1. I've got Vista, so it should work for me, assuming I'm ever able to get a new laptop and decide to use this to transfer my information.

Diane Lane, Sep 26, 2015
Ask a Question