Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SirJoe, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe

When the launched windows 10 it came with a new internet browser. They promised that it didn't have the same problems Internet Explorer did and that it was going to be the biggest browser over taking chrome and Firefox. Who has already done the transition?
    I personally haven't and still stick to Firefox and chrome.

SirJoe, Mar 7, 2016
  2. SirJoe

hafiz93

Well, if you want to compare it with IE, Edge is definitely better. It's way smoother than IE. But honestly, I don't see it taking over Chrome or Firefox. Why would they want to move to a new browser when the one that they're using is serving them well. Especially with all the extensions people use on their Chrome or Firefox, and since Edge still doesn't have any extensions available, It's definitely not taking over the web browser world anytime soon. For now, Chrome will still be at the top.

hafiz93, Mar 9, 2016
  3. SirJoe

SirJoe

I think that it's all a bit of wishful thinking from the part of Microsoft. It's difficult to change the image people have of Microsoft browsers. I think they will have to do more then just change it's name.

SirJoe, Mar 9, 2016
  4. SirJoe

Sefie

Nah, I haven't even done the transition from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I won't til I have no other choice. Not looking forward to using Microsoft Edge either,even if I ever upgrade to Windows 10 I will stick to what is working for me right now.

Sefie, Mar 12, 2016
  5. SirJoe

SirJoe

I think that most people have the same view you have. The IE legacy won't be easy to erase.

SirJoe, Mar 12, 2016
Ask a Question