Microphone-jack

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fateastray, Aug 22, 2008.

1. fateastray

fateastray

Does anyone know how to get the microphone-jack-in to work?

When I plug in an output cable into the input, the Realtek HD Audio Manager states that a jack was inserted, but no sound gets an output.

When opening volume control, the output tab doesn't show the microphone volume. (Which usually IS there...)

I tried to install the Realtek AC97 drivers, but no luck, nothing changes.

You can switch the the input tab, I have everything maxed out, stereo-mix volume, and mic volume, but that's only the recording-volume.

O_O I want to use the microphone jack! Can anyone help me to enable it?

fateastray, Aug 22, 2008
  2. fateastray

SbM

Do you really mean the microphone volume usually is in the ***OUTPUT*** tab???? Is that another example of Windows weirdiness?

SbM, Aug 22, 2008
  3. fateastray

fateastray

yeah, the microphone-output-volume is adjustable in the master control. Not the input-volume. However, it doesn't appear here. Does this mean i can't use an external mic? (Or a guitar in my case) I have an ext soundcard somewhere, but it won't let me record stereo-mix...

fateastray, Aug 23, 2008
  4. fateastray

SbM

:shock: Do you mean "gain"?

SbM, Aug 23, 2008
  5. fateastray

fateastray

Who cares, you get the point! I don't know the name of all the parts in English....

Let me put it this way!

When I plug any audio-out cable into the microphone-jack, and I try to make 'sound', no sound comes out of the box with the lights and buttons.

I may be excused for my lack of technical jargon, I'm no native english speaker, I'm just a Dutchlander....

Could you help me in trying to find out how i can fix this?

fateastray, Aug 23, 2008
  6. fateastray

fateastray

look.

[​IMG]

You can also get a mic. slider there, but with the AAO audio drivers, it's not there...

So how can I enable external microphone output T_T

edit: browsing the winamp forums, i'm not the only one with the problem. It appears to be common with the Realtek HD audio drivers...

Are there any alternatives?

fateastray, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question