Microcenter SSD in Aspire ZG5 (AOA150)

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Guest, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I picked up the $99 Microcenter 64GB SSD today on an impulse buy and decided to try it first in my Aspire One. Word on the street is the drive is an OEM ADATA S599 with a Sandforce SF-1222 controller and Microcenter's web page confirms the SF-1222 controller. Drives using this controller have been getting pretty good reviews so I said what the heck.

I hadn't ripped apart my Aspire since swapping out the wireless adapter over 18 months ago so it was nice to rip it apart again. This time the motherboard had to come out to get to the drive underneath. Much care was taken and the Microcenter SSD went in without a hitch. I proceeded with a fresh install of Windows 7 and immediately noticed the improved speed when doing Windows Updates and installing apps. No more chugging along waiting for disk writes. This thing is quick! I've only ran a couple of disk benchmarks and I thought I'd post my ATTO scores in case anyone else is thinking of picking one up. Anyone know if these scores are close to what I should be getting? Specs for the ADATA are 280mb read and 270 write so I know I'm not achieving what the drive is capable of but we are talking about the ICH7 on an Atom processor here. I just don't know if the machine is capable of more.

[​IMG]

Guest, Feb 21, 2011
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I decided to drop the Microcenter SSD into my Dell Inspiron 14 which is roughly 15 months old. The Intel ICH9 controller really brought the drive to life. Very quick indeed.

[​IMG]

Guest, Mar 15, 2011
  3. Guest

Ridewithme38

I have the Same Drive Except in an AOD250 with Windows XP, also 2gig ram and a Crystal HD card...i got MUCH different numbers then you did...the difference in the write speeds is what interests me...did you update it(firmware) at all?

[​IMG]

Ridewithme38, Mar 17, 2011
Ask a Question