Mic not working?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bdogg64, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bdogg64

bdogg64

Has anyone successfully recorded any audio using the webcam in linpus lite? I tried recording some test videos using the webcam and using the front mic and the mic jack, but I get no sound. This is a fresh installation of the os from the restore dvd. I might have to return my aspire one :-(

bdogg64, Jul 14, 2008
  2. bdogg64

nullimage

I tried the same thing and no sound!! But the mic works when i'm using the messenger application, it's probably just an application problem.

nullimage, Jul 16, 2008
  3. bdogg64

Kev50027

Try testing it in Skype or the included messaging program. I think I'm going to replace that program with Pidgin, I like Pidgin a lot.

Kev50027, Jul 16, 2008
  4. bdogg64

bdogg64

I got it working using skype. Now I just wish it would work in ubuntu so I could have everything working.

bdogg64, Jul 16, 2008
  5. bdogg64

mikeal

I got the same problem. When I record a video with webcam, no sound recorded. I even can not video or audio call in Messanger! This thing got too much trouble. Acer sucks!

mikeal, Aug 15, 2008
  6. bdogg64

Guest Guest

Acer has been working on the messenger for a while and is still fine tuning it. At first it worked fine (I think the audio chat never worked) then MSN messenger didn't work at all, now just IM's work with MSN messenger. I'm sure that Acer will get it tweaked soon.

Guest, Aug 15, 2008
  7. bdogg64

mikeal

The audio chat had worked on mine when I got the AA1 (only for a few days). Then messenger can not connected to the server. I did update,now I can coonect to MSN server, but mic, audio and video chat all stop working. Its really frustrating when problem keep coming.

mikeal, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question