Mi notebook pro 15.6 doesn't work without charger (switches off when keyboard is touched / byitself)

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Nikokis, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Nikokis

Nikokis

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz

Bought this device 6 months ago. If I use the warranty it has to be send to china which will probably take a few months so I hope for another solution. Has anyone seen this before or has an idea how this can be fixed?

The battery lasted me for about 8 hours, suddenly it switched of without reason a few times and the next day it wouldn't turn on anymore except if I keep it plugged in.

Thanks for the help :)

Nikokis, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Nikokis

ChipsID

Am so usually all devices that work on battery turn them self of before thy reach 0%. i am not really a laptop person but if my knowledge saves me courtly, it needs to always have some power left because otherwise it wont turn on.

when you hit the power button you send a small electric signal (at least in laptops there's a separate thing that receives it, and it makes a switch just like for turning on a light, the signal goes to a some of things in your device)BIOS is the most important one. usually there a small battery close to it "CMOS".

when you hit the power button you also immediately start darning power out of your device. it opens the port while held, sucking power from socket battery, basically all places that have electricity, doing all in its power to run. sometimes continuing to do so after shutdown(GPU's)

so either you messed with the settings or you were running something that is pretty power consuming (games, 3D rendering, updating...) and have emptied it completely by not noticing the warning.

since i don't know what it was... i will give u a heads up, plug it in wait for an hour or so let it charge a bit, if you can not turn it on after 1 full hour of charging, send it to service for as long as you have a warranty for it. if you open that laptop, you will brake the agreement in other words you will violate it, they will know you did because it is sealed form inside, and if the seal is damaged, than by by free service(the one u already payed 4). also contact support. This guys have a book on what can be wrong with it.

Do turn the battery warning setting to 20 or 25%. if you are playing games have it pugged in...
    (i alone was in a hard choice between a desktop and a laptop... went for laptop, but i rarely play games on it and when i do, i regret not buying a desktop)
    next time if you are so thinking of a computer to play games on let it be a desktop, laptops despite the horse power they can provide are not intended for gaming. cooling problems, space problems all redesigned to fit in small space so you could say a circuit problem.

ChipsID, Mar 25, 2021
Ask a Question