memory stick pro duo stuck in slot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by acerventura, Mar 23, 2009.

1. acerventura

acerventura

i cant believe this... yesterday i thought i'd transfer some files from a memory stick pro duo & low & behold it got stuck in the slot- who designed this port? the port states it can accept memory stick pro duo but when it did go in, it didnt feel right going in that slot... anyway i thought maybe my port maybe at fault but it looks like im not the only one with this problem- look here http://lloydandlauren.com/2008/11/21/ge ... spire-one/

acerventura, Mar 23, 2009
  2. acerventura

bluenose

bluenose, Mar 29, 2009
  3. acerventura

jcdoe

I had the same problem, but when I more closely examined the port, I noticed that it claims to be a "memory stick pro" port, not "pro duo." Memory stick pro uses the same, large form factor of the original memory stick, while memory stick duo and memory stick pro duo use a smaller form factor.

Unfortunately, to get the card out, I had to get a small pair of pliers and work at it for like 20 minutes before the memory stick came out. :p

Hope that helps.

jcdoe, Apr 3, 2009
Ask a Question