Memory Stick pro duo in the multireader, how does it fit?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ryangassxx, May 9, 2009.

1. ryangassxx

ryangassxx

I've had my Aspire one for a few months now and have been using a standard SD card in the multireader slot just fine. Today for the first time I needed to use the slot for a Memory Stick, and I cannot figure out how it's suposed to be insterted. The slot is much larger than the card, and I've already had to fish the thing out with a steak knife 2 times after trying unsucessfully to stick it in there. How is it suposed to be inserted?

ryangassxx, May 9, 2009
  2. ryangassxx

jackluo923

The multicard read isn't compatible with memory stick duo. It's only compatible with memory stick.

jackluo923, May 9, 2009
  3. ryangassxx

runtohell121

get an adapter..

runtohell121, May 10, 2009
  4. ryangassxx

ryangassxx

Well that's wierd because I actually DID get it to work after fudging it around and it read the contents of the card. It also says on the official website that it DOES support it http://us.acer.com/acer/product.do?link ... xHistory=0

If you don't know an answer, then just dont reply, but PLEASE don't pass along bad information. That's worst thing possible..

ryangassxx, May 13, 2009
  5. ryangassxx

jackluo923

Where does it say AAO is compatible with memory stick duo? It needs an adapter or an external card reader in order to be read.

jackluo923, May 13, 2009
  6. ryangassxx

DiSK

Don't make reports randomly. Jack has had his AAO for a long time, and is a very active member. I think he'd know/research before he said anything. The site that you linked to, no, it doesn't state that a Memory Stick Pro Duo fits in. And it doesn't. I've tried it. You need an adapter. Don't minimod either, it's really annoying, and especially when you're wrong, it makes you seem really stupid.

DiSK, May 15, 2009
Ask a Question