Maximum RAM Size for Aspire 5920

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Highranger, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Highranger

Highranger

Hello there,

Recently, my computer started acting-up so i've have decided to upgrade its RAM & HDD. You probably know the question from the title of the thread. :)

What's the maximum RAM size supported by the Acer Aspire 5920?
    - Currently, i have 2GB RAM & 250GB HDD (not sure if its 5400rpm or 7200rpm). I am running Windows Vista Home Edition.

I would like to upgrade to 6GB or 8GB RAM and 500GB 7200 (or if possible then 250GB SDD). Is it possible for me to upgrade its ram and HDD to my desired capacity?

If so, can you please provide me, the website to buy cheap and high quality RAM or HDD?and How to Install (RAM & HDD) Tutorial for Acer Aspire 5920?

I know, i am asking a lot here:confused:;) but i am new and new upgraded any laptops before. So your help would be appreciating. Thank you for your time and information.

Highranger, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Highranger

psun

1. max ram for your aao is based on your os. vista home is 2gb, pro and ultimate are 4gb, to use more than 4gb your os must be the 64bit version.

2. there are many great palces to purchase memory. frys electronics, comp usa, best buy, a local computer repair shop, computer fair, tigerdirect.com, newegg.com, ebay.com sear.com, sears or directly from the manufacturer or their authorized outlets. i have used them all for a variety of reasons. some offer additional or extended warrenties and customer service is different throughout.

3. there are a number of tutorials in this forum but sometime a simple, google it works well, do not forget the power of a youtube search. if it looks too complicated, best buy, frys electronics, newegg.com and your local shop are qualified to perform the installation.

psun, Oct 26, 2013
Ask a Question