Max capacity

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Nick_, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Nick_

Nick_

I'm looking for a 14inch model that is powerful enough for image/video processing, a good resolution screen (something like 2880x1800) and can support up to 4~8TB. That's really hard to find!

I'm thinking of buying one of these, which looks perfect except for SSD size. It ships with 1TB and the page shows "Up to 2 TB PCIe® 4.0 x4". Asus tech support says 2TB is the max but I'm not clear on whether this is the max supported or the max they considered selling it with (and therefore what support can see). How likely is it that a brand new high end laptop in 2023 will have support that ends at 2TB?

https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-creators/zenbook/zenbook-pro-14-oled-ux6404/

Thanks!

Nick_, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Nick_

Nick_

Took a risk after reading around on the web - bought a Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8TB. Works great! Thought I'd post in case anyone else wants to do the same and is getting misleading information as I've done from a few soources. There's plenty of height in the M.2 socket to accommodate the double sided board.

Nick_, Jun 20, 2023
Ask a Question