Marvin Minsky, Pioneer of Artificial Intelligence, Dies at 88

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Marvin Minsky, a pioneer in the field of artificial intelligence at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who saw parallels in the functioning of the human brain and computers, died Sunday at age 88.

The university said Minsky died Sunday at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. The cause of death was a cerebral hemorrhage.

Minsky viewed the brain as a machine whose functioning can be studied and replicated in a computer, and he considered how machines might be endowed with common sense.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/science/new...-of-artificial-intelligence-dies-at-88-795073

Sefie, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Sefie

PingPongCall

I honestly just heard about this guy yesterday. I've been looking into a lot of his work since last night and its appearing more and more that this is truly a devastating loss to the world of technology.

PingPongCall, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

I am clueless when it comes to who is who in this world. For being that exceptional genius, we just loss another best person in technology. I think he is well deserved a rest now and being 88, he must had a fantastic life!

IcyBC, Jan 29, 2016
Ask a Question