Manage Power Profile of Aspire one ao751h, problem with battery alimentation

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Il.Conte, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Il.Conte

Il.Conte

Hi, I'm Marco, I'm from Italy and I try to take the best from my old netbook.
    My problem is a change of performance from AC supply to Battery supply even if I set the Windows Performance in : Always active.
    In details, when I put the AC supply , fan start and run till I take out the AC supply. And for example, in You Tube video playing , even if I overclock Atom z520 to 1555.1 Mhz , still lag if run with battery and doesn't lag if I put AC supply, at the same clock. Another one strange thing is that even if brightness is 100%, when I unplug the AC there's a very little bright change to minor brightness... fan stop run (and run only when strictly necessary for a little time) and video start to lag.
    Now, I think that maybe the cause it's the battery that in seven years lost its performance, with AIDA64 I see that when I unplug AC the tension's getting a little bit lower, sometimes under 11 volt, but it's a little difference.
    Also I think that's the ACPI control of Windows that manage the power AC control and set istruction like this. I try to uninstall the ACPI drivers but Windows re-install all of the drivers automatically.
    I also think it's cause I use Windows xp SP3 and If I install windows 7 with a uptaded ACPI control, there's a difference or anyway I have more chance to change power option.
    Finally I think I may unlock advanced bios to manage power control directly from it.. but now I not understand how can I unlock the bios.
    Only for my curiosity.. There's a trick to make my pc believe that's AC supplying even if it use the battery?
    Sorry for my poor english , I hope that you could give me advice . Bye MARCO

Il.Conte, Feb 27, 2017
Ask a Question