Making use of your old laptop

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by remnant, Oct 5, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

You can make use of your old laptop by converting it into a projector or utilising its hard drive by connecting it to another computer as an external hard drive if its still working. You can also strip it to its components and sell them on Ebay or other sites. Even the motherboard can be sold if its in good condition. Another use is to turn it into a digital photo frame holder. What are other possible uses of old or disused laptops?

remnant, Oct 5, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens

Maybe you are talking of an old laptop which is still functioning. I agree that it can be used for projection purposes as long as it can run the powerpoint software. Old laptops were very slow that's why we had discarded our old laptop because we felt we cannot use it for our purposes. Just the booting takes 2 minutes maybe because it couldn't handle the new OS anymore. But when my present laptop becomes old and replaced, I probably can use it as a digital photo frame.

Corzhens, Oct 6, 2016
  3. remnant

hades_leae

Wow, never thought about breaking my pc down for those things. I didn't know people would buy the parts like the mother board, but I know they can take things from it if they are building something. I like the projection idea because I love projection screens and prefer them over large dlp tv's. It doesn't seem like many people are really on projectors.

hades_leae, Oct 6, 2016
Ask a Question