Make an alternate charger for the battery

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kalpeshmist, Jul 1, 2010.

1. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

i had the company 3 cell battery for my A150 since 2008. about 3 months ago, the battery lifetime came to 5 mins only... but still, I was using the same battery... always i put it on charger and use it. a few days back, the battery wasn't charging at all. so, i bought a new 6 cell battery.... but it didnt charge too.

when i shown the laptop to a repairing guy, he told me that coz of that 3 cell corrupted battery, the motherboard has been... ah.... curropted... and cant pass the power from the charger to the battery, and gave me an expenditure or 2400 INR, nearly 50 dollars.

however when i bought that 6 cell, it ran my laptop, with its remaining power... im here to know if i can make an alternate charger for my 6 cell battery... can i?? someone, pls help. or i have to spend more money on this netbook.......

hope i've not put this in wrong forum...

kalpeshmist, Jul 1, 2010
  2. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

whoa.. no reply at all!

kalpeshmist, Jul 1, 2010
  3. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

still waitin... :ugeek:

kalpeshmist, Jul 1, 2010
  4. kalpeshmist

Swarvey Moderator

Have you verfied that your original charger is actually still functioning? The charger for my ZG5 gave up on me at about 13 months old. Lucky I'd just upgraded to the D250.

Swarvey, Jul 2, 2010
  5. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

i think the repairing guy is wrong.. the current passes good from the charger to the entire motherboard, even to the battery pins. i tested it. i read it many times, that aspire one got a prob in its bios.. i mean, sometimes when your aspire one doesnt get charged, a bios update fixes it. even i want to test a bios update, but damn.... both my batteries are down :cry:

need help desperatly

kalpeshmist, Jul 4, 2010
  6. kalpeshmist

Swarvey Moderator

Try running without the battery, just on A/C. You should be able to update your BIOS with/without a battery.

Swarvey, Jul 4, 2010
  7. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

k.. trying i'll right now!!!

kalpeshmist, Jul 4, 2010
  8. kalpeshmist

kalpeshmist

didnt work man.. feels low now.. :(

kalpeshmist, Jul 4, 2010
Ask a Question