Macbook or Laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Joel7050, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Joel7050

Joel7050

I would choose Macbooks because they are light and really thin, but choose Windows laptops because they are more powerful, have longer battery life and boast more ports. I would like to know which you prefer and why?

Joel7050, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Joel7050

Corzhens

We in the Philippines would love to have a Macbook or a Mac desktop. Aside form being popular and classy, the Mac is admittedly a faster computer than a PC desktop or laptop because the OS is partly hardwired which gives it a lightning speed access. However, a big issue is the cost of the Macbook which is more than double the cost of an ordinary laptop. We actually have decided to buy a new laptop but it is a Windows laptop, can't afford the Macbook.

Corzhens, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Joel7050

cluckeyo

I prefer the laptop, because I like to save money and think they are surely just as good for a lot less cost than the Macbook. Apple is kind of a status symbol and I'm not into that. Although do have and hand-me-down IPad. I'm happy with my Windows laptop.

cluckeyo, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Joel7050

SirJoe

I prefer pc's, they are much more flexible and offer you much more performance. Most people when comparing macs with pc's very often just do the comparison based on the specs when they should compare it on their prices. For the same price you will always get more from a pc then you will from a mac.

SirJoe, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Joel7050

Elektron

Well, I do not really consider myself as a big Apple products since those are really expensive and sometimes are way too limited for users, if you're the kind of people who like doing a lot of stuff with their PC then you should definitely go for a PC, if you actually have enough money to buy a Macbook then you can go ahead and buy a Macbook, I will not say it's bad, but it's a little bit pricey for me, it's probably because I can not afford one nowadays, good luck!

Elektron, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Joel7050

IcyBC

I was given a MacBook and it is my main and only computer to use right now. I find that Window fits more with what I do than my MacBook. I do like how fast my laptop turns on and off, light weight, and the loading speed of websites.

IcyBC, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Joel7050

rz3300

Well I am pretty sure that a Macbook would be the best choice here, but of course my whole issue with that has always been the price. It is really not easy spending close to $2,000 for one of these, and I am sure that the prices have come down a bit, but they are still terribly more expensive than the other options that you could go. Of course it is just a personal choice, but if money is no issue I would go with the Macbook. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 12, 2016
  8. Joel7050

Joel7050

I feel Macs can be fast, however if there are many background processes, you use an old backup to load into a new computer, or just powered the computer on, it's actually going to be very slow. Even clicking things like safari takes a few minutes, when it is just powered on.

Joel7050, Aug 13, 2016
Ask a Question