Mac won't connect to the internet

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by DaniDavidson, Apr 18, 2016.

1. DaniDavidson

DaniDavidson

I have a MacBook pro and sometimes I have a problem when it just won't connect to the internet. The other day I was at school trying to figure out why it wasn't connecting. I know that I can't unplug the router at school and I tried to turn it on and off. So, does anyone know if this might be something to do with an update? Or why that would be happening?

DaniDavidson, Apr 18, 2016
  2. DaniDavidson

IcyBC

I have a MacBook Air, and haven't experienced this problem yet for the past six months that I have it. But I haven't taking it to school, just different households. Maybe your setting for the WAN (or whatever it called) is different from school, and maybe you can talk to the tech department about this. Not sure if it has to do with update, and I am still on Yosemite!

IcyBC, Apr 20, 2016
  3. DaniDavidson

fcuco

You should give us a better description of your problem so we can help you better.

When you say that it fails to connect to the Internet you mean at your school only? Are you doing it via WiFi? Is the WiFi working yet you can't access the Internet? Can you try with a cable? Were you the only person with this problem? Is the WiFi at your school open to anybody? Perhaps they changed something recently and you need a new password. Are you able to connect at home? Are you able to test your connection using a cable? If an update broke something you shouldn't be able to connect anywhere so I will try that first finding a different place where there is an open WiFi just to check if the problem is related to your school.

fcuco, Apr 22, 2016
  4. DaniDavidson

DaniDavidson

Well sometimes when I'm at home the internet says it's connected, but it's not. And I have to turn the internet on and then off on my laptop. And the internet at the school is only open to the people who go there because you have to put your school information in. But it is a pretty big school. And there isn't a cord that I could connect because the internet cords don't connect with Macs. I don't know what cord I would have to use.

DaniDavidson, Apr 25, 2016
Ask a Question