Mac Keyboard Missing Keys

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by DecMikashimota, Jul 11, 2016.

1. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota

My keyboard is missing keys. Should I buy a usb plug in keyboard or is there a better option?

DecMikashimota, Jul 11, 2016
  2. DecMikashimota

Oakat

It'll probably cost you more, but you could look for a replacement keyboard for your specific Macbook. I've done a keyboard swap on a few machines before and it's not difficult, though I'm sure Apple is a little more difficult.

Oakat, Jul 19, 2016
  3. DecMikashimota

IcyBC

I wonder if you can buy those specific keys to replace the missing one! I never have this problem, but only have the ink on the keys disappearing with uses over the years.

Maybe you can check online to see if you can buy those missing keys or search for a better solution.

IcyBC, Jul 19, 2016
  4. DecMikashimota

something back

I am sure there should be a on screen keyboard app,this should help you in the mean while

something back, Jul 19, 2016
  5. DecMikashimota

acerme2

I have almost the same problem with my Sony Vaio notebook. The letter 'w' is not working. That would have been solved if I can type the ASCII code for 'w' but that's not possible because it has no dedicated numeric keypad and typing alt gives different symbols. To use it, I have to copy paste the letter 'w' from an existing document. That's tedious so I rarely use the netbook now. I can use a USB keyboard, but that will mean less portability.

acerme2, Oct 14, 2016
  6. DecMikashimota

Elektron

You should buy the original one to avoid further problems with your keyboard since the original ones are always going to be the best ones and it also will fit the whole scheme.

Elektron, Oct 14, 2016
Ask a Question