Lost bios passwords ****Help****

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jrbv, Dec 27, 2009.

1. jrbv

jrbv

I cannot retrieve the passwords for the bios of my aspire one. This occured about six months ago and at the time was not an issue. My wife was using the netbook and screen went to black when the main menu appeared (monitor does work).I was going to just reinstall the software but cannot reinstall due to the passcodes. Can a flash be done to the bios to reset the passcodes. Acer wants $125 to clear the passcodes or do you know of another way to fix this issue.
    Any help is appreciated

jrbv, Dec 27, 2009
  2. jrbv

TantalusFld

TantalusFld, Dec 27, 2009
  3. jrbv

jrbv

I dont know if this is an issue and the above works with the "Blind Flash" or if the procedure is any different, but my Acer is the linux operating system. I notices several references to the "windows system and the DOS. Your insight is appreciated. I did notice that the password issue was mentioned by an earlier individual. I believe this is my problem. Passwors being truncated.
    Thank you

John

jrbv, Dec 28, 2009
  4. jrbv

TantalusFld

John,

What I had in mind with the blind flash is a way you could overwrite the bios, therefore the password and return to the default state. I believe all the bios's are the same for a given model regardless of what operating system you put on it. But you are right to have caution. Maybe you should read thru the Bios section of this message board. viewforum.php?f=50

Jim

TantalusFld, Dec 28, 2009
  5. jrbv

TantalusFld

TantalusFld, Jan 1, 2010
Ask a Question