loose piece screw inside or similar!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by arriba, Oct 27, 2008.

1. arriba

I bought the 150-1267 white on september 9 2008. Same day i was bought on store, i heard a noise inside, like a loose piece of metal or maybe plastic, when moving the machine. Inmediatly they change it for another one. Ok, till now. Last day i was putting the ONE in his bag, and i heard again the noise. I move it from one side, turn arrownd, just trying to know what was that?, but the piece stayed on some place (i think that) and stop making noise of course. So what i obviusly think is i have something loose inside the chase.
    But, the main problem with this, is that the same day i bought it, they (store peple) show me another one (blue) some client was buying. So he (the client) show me the ONE, when i took it and move it to see behind, guess what!??, i heard the loose piece noise.

So, first i heard something loose inside the chase on the blue one that was bought by some client. Then the one (white) i was just to bought for me, same thing. Now i have mine here with same problem, and 4 i see someone else on the amazon pages saing same thing. Also take in cosideration the notice was deleted out from amazon and that´s why i post here the google cache version.

http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cache:cZ ... =firefox-a

Please surf down to "Customer Reviews" and see the explanation of this guy happening same.

Basicly he open the chase and find one or more loose screws inside the chase.

I repeat, i see 3 machines and 1 from this guy with loose screws inside the chase.

So, tomorrow i will take it to the support for the guaranty. But i´m completly sure, this will happend again with the new one.
    Any notice about this?

On the other hand, and maybe this is caused by this, i had no more webcam. Suddenly i discover i had no cam, there´s no communication with it. Is not a problem of "not working", i tryied re-installing the drivers, but the progress can´t be done because it says "plug in the cam device to continue"... haha, how can i do that if this cam is build inside !!!???

Please guys, have someone of you any kind of information about this issue? Many thanks

arriba, Oct 27, 2008
  2. arriba

taiguy

i've taken apart an AAO only to find it missing screws, so having a screw loose doesn't really surprise me.

taiguy, Oct 28, 2008
  3. arriba

but could cause a severe damage to the machine, isn´t?

arriba, Oct 28, 2008
  4. arriba

ralphygarfield

LOL I think what you are hearing is just the WiFi button shaking. Hold it down so it can't move and then shake it and see if you hear the sound..

ralphygarfield, Oct 29, 2008
Ask a Question