Loose LAN after update

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jopedder, Mar 18, 2009.

1. jopedder

jopedder

Hi I've been trying to get Ubuntu to work on my AA1 (120GB HD) for a few weeks but keep only getting so far. I've never used linux before, so I'm sure I was making some mistakes early on. I've now totally re-installed Ubuntu 4 or 5 times now. I realised last night that one of the issues is that I am loosing LAN connection after initially installing Ubuntu and the updater running and rebooting (I had previously been beavering away at the AA1 Ubuntu documentation fixes while the update was under way, so thought it was my medeling that was causing the issue). What am I doing wrong??

I'm thinking of... buying....XP....please...help....!

jopedder, Mar 18, 2009
  2. jopedder

zhchtw

If you're using Ubuntu off the official website, the Intrepid one I think, I got this problem also. Apparently the latest update kills network completely so yeah. I recommend you install UNR 9.04 Jaunty or something like that.. I'm using 9.04 right now and everything is working fine, including networking, even after updates.

zhchtw, Mar 19, 2009
  3. jopedder

maxn

maxn, Mar 20, 2009
Ask a Question