Looking for Student laptop under $700 CAD

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by epicboy75, Sep 22, 2016.

1. epicboy75

epicboy75

Hi,
    I am looking for a student laptop that should be able to process Word and PowerPoint easily and also should be able to do light Photoshop and Movie Maker. The only requirement other then the price is that it should have a 15" or more screen size.
    Thanks

epicboy75, Sep 22, 2016
  2. epicboy75

rz3300

I would recommend a serious look at Chromebooks. I love mine, and I got one of the higher end models, and it was still around 400 dollars, which is much much cheaper than you get for a standard full laptop. I have had no issues either, with being able to do the things that you need to do, but sometimes you do have to jump through some hoops, but nothing too serious. Give them a good look, you might be surprised.

rz3300, Sep 23, 2016
  3. epicboy75

epicboy75

Yeah Chromebooks are good but I want to run Microsoft word and PowerPoint, which they cannot do, and most of my student apps from the university only support windows and Mac. If I did not have all these requirements I would take a look.

What about this laptop:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=34-265-997
    Thanks

epicboy75, Sep 27, 2016
Ask a Question