Looking for something ultra-portable

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Rick Austinson, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Rick Austinson

Rick Austinson

Hi all,

I am shopping around right now for a device I can use to edit word documents on the go. I've already got a full-sized laptop, which is great for anywhere I am going to be sitting at a table, but less useful when I am standing in lines, waiting for things, etc. Basically, I am looking for something that is designed to be held, not sat on a table. I hate on-screen keyboards, so a tablet or just using my cellphone is out.

My ideal device would be something like the old Sony Vaio UX, but there does not appear to be any sort of modern successor to these. I've also been looking at the GPD WIN mini gaming laptop; though people say the keyboards are not great on these and it looks awkward to hold.

I'm not looking to do heavy typing, I do that on my full-sized keyboard, just something where I can casually read over documents and edit them. I do need to be able to access a thumb drive, but am fine with using adapters and don't need a full-sized USB port. Does not have to be a windows.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks!

Rick Austinson, Jun 1, 2018
Ask a Question