Looking for laptop for school, heavy gaming, video editing, programming

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by saima12, Mar 24, 2022.

1. saima12

saima12

I will list several factors for the laptop that I am looking for. (I want this laptop to last a very long time). looking for a multipurpose laptop that can last years on end, if needed.

Budget: CAD $1500-2800

Main Uses : School Work, Heavy Gaming, Heavy Programming, Heavy video editing, etc...

Form Factor : good for travel, slim and compact/portable. I was thinking 14-14.5 inches. I am going to be carrying this daily, so don't want it to be heavy at all. Plus a convertible is cool (if no convertible it is ok). but I don't think I need a touchscreen, is that possible to find in a laptop, a convertible without a touchscreen.

Display : nice vibrant display (FHD+, good color gamut ( 95 % or more color coverage, good viewing angles))

Webcam : any good quality webcam with a built in microphone that is very good quality for zoom calls and stuff.

Build Quality : Sturdy, made out of metal like aluminum. Anything that provides good protection against drops if needed. Doesn't have to be metal. But shouldn't break easily at all, if dropped.

Ports : HDMI, USB type c, USB 3.0 Ports (good if there are three of these ports, for fast data transfer), SD card reader and micro sd card reader, ethernet cable port, vga cable port, thunderbolt 3

Sound Quality: loud and clear speakers for multimedia. Preferably branded systems like dolby. (Front facing)

Connectivity: Minimum wifi 5.0-6.0, Bluetooth 5.0

Keyboard : nice tactile keyboard, with good key distance, not a cramped keyboard, comfortable to type

Battery : should be able to last a very long time if needed under a full load. I will be doing tasks like heavy gaming, programming, and video editing. Laptop should have fast charging.

Storage : 512 GB-1 TB SSD, but expandable if needed.

Processor/CPU : don't know what is better for power conservation, price and performance. But I am using it for the purposes of heavy gaming, video editing and school work. So would like one from Intel or AMD that can do all that and won't lag even for years to come. It must have the latest processor available now.

GPU : Preferably latest GPU that can handle what I need to use it for. It should be a good balance between power consumption and performance but able to use it for very heavy gaming, video editing, programming, etc.. without lag for future use if possible.

RAM : Minimum 16 GB RAM

Upgradeability : Would be cool if there is no soldered ram, incase of upgrade to 32 GB RAM-64 GB RAM.

Please try to suggest laptop based on suggestions. Sorry if my factors are overboard, want to find the best laptop for that price range that can last years. Please provide Canadian links that have the best price. Thank you for your time.

saima12, Mar 24, 2022
  2. saima12

Mr Jimmy

Hi there, if you want to buy laptops for gaming purpose go for these
    1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim
    2. ASUS TUF FX505DT
    3. Acer Nitro 5
    4. ASUS TUF
    But for video editing, Programming and school, The best laptop is Macbook.

Mr Jimmy, Mar 25, 2022
  3. saima12

Shweta Singh

The best laptops for video editing available are-

• MacBook Pro 16-inch (2021)

• MacBook Pro 14-inch (2021)

• LG Gram

• Dell XPS 17 (2021)

• Dell XPS 15 (2021)

• MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020)

• MSI Creator 17.

• Microsoft Surface Laptop 4.