Looking for a convertibe laptop that can (mostly) run ubuntu

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by yuri stein, Mar 23, 2020.

1. yuri stein

yuri stein

Hello everyone,

since my old laptop probably won't make it past the end of this month i've been scouring the internet all day for a convertible laptop that can (somewhat) run ubuntu, however i couldn't find any models matching my criteria. Now i'm posting here humbly asking for your suggestions; any and all advice would be very much appreciated.

I don't care at all about brands or if the model has been relased a while ago. Also good specs like expensive graphics cards, a lot of storage etc. don't matter

my criteria:

- the most i'm willing to spend is 1400 $

- it has to be a convertible laptop with a touch screen

- stylus support with pressure sensitivity and palm rejection is a must since i like drawing on tablets

- it should be possible run some version of ubuntu somewhat smoothly. What i mean by this is that i don't care if the touch screen looses it's functionality due to a lack of linux drivers or whatever, since in that case i would just set up a dual boot with windows. I mostly use ubuntu for coding and getting more into linux

- a sturdy hinge that keeps the screen upright at all times (i read that some convertible laptops have issues with this)

- an at least average keyboard (i loathe awful keyboards with non-responsive and tiny keys)

I'm looking forward to hearing your views on this, and many thanks in advance!

yuri stein, Mar 23, 2020
Ask a Question