Locked out of Acer Aspire Windows 7 starter

Discussion in 'Windows' started by michael kevany, Mar 27, 2010.

1. michael kevany

michael kevany

I bought an Acer Aspire in france to collect local emails while on holidays. I made a few mistakes one I did not realise that the french key board differed from the UK version. Anyway I thought i would be able to chose the operating language but there did not seem to be any option to convert to English from French. Remember I was looking at the screen in french and pressing all kinds of options to change the language without fully understanding the french meaning.
    Anyway I was not able to change the language and I understand that I need to upgrade the version of windows 7.
    In the messing about I have done I have changed the keyboard layout or some such ammendment and the machine will not let me enter my password (I presume because I have altered the keyboard configuration).
    So I have a 2 hour old Aspire that is in french which I cant speak and wont let me input a password. I do have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate at home can I put this on the machine and if so is it by copying to a USB key and change the BIOS to boot from the USB port?
    Any help appreciated

michael kevany, Mar 27, 2010
  2. michael kevany

Photomonk

It depends on your machine's configuration. I was able to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. If your memory and configuration allows, try it. Microsoft had the upgrade advisor on their site that told you what editions your machine could handle or not. You may want to download it and see.

Photomonk, Apr 2, 2010
Ask a Question