Live update not working: network error?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pierre, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Pierre

Pierre

It's as if the connection cuts off. It tells me there's an error and that the connection was interrupted or something...
    Funny thing, the first round of updates worked just fine.

I've done some research on here but I couldn't find out exactly what to do just yet sorry :oops:

However i love this website already, I've already managed to install VLC for AVI playback on my Acer A110ab and this website told me exactly what to do in very little time!

EDIT: The exact message is:

Error
    Count not connect to the update server. Please check your network environment as follows:
    1. Check if the network cable is properly installed
    2. Check your network status

Thing is, the files do download it seems. This only happens once the whole thing finished downloading and is about to start installing.
    The network is just fine and so's my connection to it.

Using the terminal to update doesn't work either, exact same message. I did some research but the solutions suggested are way too advanced and I have no idea how to implement them...

Pierre, Dec 7, 2008
  2. Pierre

adez

hi
    did you ever get this fixed?, after other various live update related issues I'm now getting the same problem
    thx

adez, Jan 7, 2009
  3. Pierre

adez

in case any one else gets this error I fixed it by clearing all the files in the /var/cache/online-updater folder using the filemanager application

adez, Jan 8, 2009
Ask a Question