Live update error and workaround

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jukk, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jukk

edkmho

I have upgraded two days ago, since the last upgrade nothing works. Please help.

Thanks.

edkmho, Aug 21, 2008
  2. jukk

beano

Well, as of today the Live Updates are working fine again - so if "nothing works" back up your documents and data and do a fresh install. That's the only way to fix it. :)

beano, Aug 22, 2008
  3. jukk

doc

This morning I installed the updates linpus was telling me were ready to be installed, it all went ok but the next time I booted up, got a brief (1 second) screen saying Acer Aspire, then all I get is a blank screen, with a mouse pointer. Is this gonna require a reinstall of the OS? what a nightmare....

doc, Aug 23, 2008
  4. jukk

Raptus

Hi everybody.

Tried to do an update myself now and were not able to do so... I also tried to go to www.linpus.com but did not get through there either..

Is it just me or everyone?

Raptus, Sep 2, 2008
  5. jukk

TTgowings

Could someone please help me with this, every time I try to open the folder I get the error "could not open folder" "The nautilus file manager is not running." so what do I do to open that folder and delete out the contents ?

I am beyond frustrated at this point, I've updated my BIOS and re-installed the OS, and STILL I can not get this damn thing to run live update..It updated a bunch of files upon installation and reboot and then did some more updates and since that reboot it only errors out now.

TTgowings, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question