List of USB-sticks that can be used in reinstall

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by chelnov, Jul 29, 2008.

1. chelnov

andymaxwell

A PNY 4gb Stick worked flawlessly for me. I previously tried a 2gb SD card in an adapter which caused all sorts of issues. Wouldn't try that if I were you!!

andymaxwell, Dec 29, 2008
  2. chelnov

evandwebber

Rally OCZ 2gb didn't work.
    Kingmax 2gb didn't work either.

Both have booted successfully but the screen freezes immediately. :cry:

I will try a 4gb sandisk cruzer...

evandwebber, Dec 31, 2008
  3. chelnov

biff

4GB Easy Disk worked a treat and only cost £7.99.

Ran the recovery disk on an old IBM Thinkpad. The recovery disk too about 29 mins to produce. Popped the USB stick into the Acer and on boot up pressed F12, selected the USB stick from the list and the recovery menu popped up. Stopped at that point but it looks like it is all set up for when I knacker the little acer. First thing is to get this fan to shut up.......

biff, Jan 10, 2009
  4. chelnov

criskeune

Well, I had come to a situation which led me to finally do a complete recovery of my AAO OS. I used that recovery pen drive that I talked about some months before ("2 GB Super Talent Flash USB 2.0 Hi-Speed"). And it worked perfectly. The entire recovery took only 17 minutes. As I said before, I was even afraid to buy that pen drive, since it was "super cheap", unknown name, and it was being sold in a sort of "saving market".... A Kingston or PQ1 with the same storage capacity would cost twice the price .....

criskeune, Jan 14, 2009
  5. chelnov

evilelvis

Working- PNY 2GB attache Flash Drive. Got it at Wally Mart for $11 and some US. Created a Book Drive and got it loaded un first try.

evilelvis, Jan 14, 2009
  6. chelnov

rahaas

Cruzer 8gb worked fine and I was able to reformat it back and return it to normal use.
    BUT: I also used a Maxim 80GB portable drive and it worked fine HOWEVER I cannot reformat it because my Windows Vista computer won't recognize it and it is now unusable for any other purpose. :(

rahaas, Jan 17, 2009
  7. chelnov

jono400

Planning on installing xp , so glad I noticed this paericular thread as I just automatically asumed that all usb sticks work ??!! anyone point me in the direction off a decent uk seller off such a working usb stick - preferably 2/4 or 8Gb for all they cost these days !!!

jono400, Jan 18, 2009
  8. chelnov

WilYawn

Lexar JD Firefly 2GB working fine :)

WilYawn, Feb 3, 2009
  9. chelnov

veronesepk

I don't have the disc, but I have the iso file. How do I make a bootable usb on a windows machine for use in my Linpus AAO? I burned the iso onto a dvd, but it just comes up as an assortment of files.

veronesepk, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question