List of supported 3G usb devices ( Linpus )

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Japser, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Japser

douglas

Jasper,

Thanks for your help, as suggested i entered WVdialconf and up came 3 connect file manager with all the files.
    I can see autorun.ico for Three but nothing happens when i double click. The files instaled in file manager are as follows
    Burn folder .fpbf
    disk1
    promt info
    autorun .exe
    dataCard_setup.exe
    Datacard_setup64.exe
    Promptinfo.exe
    resetDevice.exe
    Autorun.inf
    sysConfig.dat

would i have the same trouble if I installed Ubuntu 9.10 netbook version

Cheers

douglas, Feb 17, 2010
  2. Japser

Japser

3. Japser

douglas

Jasper

Fantastic advice many thanks as your instructions were easy to understand even for a dummy, Mobile connection was installed and it picked up the dongle straight away, LED on dongle went from green to blue for connection status.

Problem now, when i switch off wlan, click on mobile partner and it picks up Three (profile name) checks sim and connects (LED still green) automaticalt tries to connect and up comes error box for connection with the option to redial or cancel.

In case it is a network coverage problem i will take it to a better area and see what happens, failing that do you have any other suggestions.

Looking within tools, i can see in the diagnostic section the following
    Messages in Sim
    Contacts in Sim
    IMEI Number (populated)
    IMSI Number (populated)
    Firmware Version 11.608.03.00.156
    Hardware version CD27TCPU
    Model E156G
    Serial Number GF7naa etc

I guess it is now a network connection problem.

Tks

douglas, Feb 18, 2010
  4. Japser

douglas

Jasper,

I now have the USB dongle working on both my HP VISTA & Acer AspireOne on Linpus, i.e picks up the GSM network and transfers mail to the dongle.

On the Vista i can access the internet however on the AspireOne I can not. Within Mobile partner on Linpus, i can see that we are connected to the mobile network, however unable to access via web browser.

When i look into the Network Centre within Settings, I can see the Huawei USB Vendor Specfic Interface, normally i would go to this and connect. When i Highlight this, the only boxes that come on are New and Edit. If i try and enter EDIT, nothing happens. I guess this is where my problem lies. I am guessing that i will need to be able to turn this on and configure the netbook to point the USB to the internet, do you agree and if so how do i do this.

Tks

Douglas

douglas, Feb 18, 2010
  5. Japser

Japser

I do not have an Aspire-One here, I only made one working with 3g for a friend, so I know something about it, but cannot see what you see.

The big step you made is that the thing is no longer a 'cdrom', but it is now a 'modem'.

I would now try again with 'wvdial'. So, again, in a terminal:

sudo wvdialconf

Note: no capitals! It shoud react in a different way now, I expect it to find the modem.
    If it does, then the next step is to edit the file '/etc/wvdial.conf' :

sudo mousepad /etc/wvdial.conf

Things to put in there depend on country and ISP

Trying to dial then:

sudo wvdial

If it al works properly it shoud work without the 'sudo'.

--Jasper.

Japser, Feb 18, 2010
  6. Japser

shumicpi

Thanks for the list of 3G usb devices.I was searching for it.

shumicpi, Jan 12, 2012
Ask a Question