Linux usability questions

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cluckeyo, Oct 2, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

Is Linux hard to install and learn? Also, if I put it on my Chromebox, would it bog down my browser and other applications that I would add. One thing I like about my Chromebox is that it is almost instantaneous to load up. If I install LInux alongside of it, would Linux slow things down?

cluckeyo, Oct 2, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Aree Wongwanlee

No, Linux is not hard to install and not hard to learn. If you know how to use Windows, you can use Linux easily. Most Linux distros ie versions have GUI which looks very much like what you see in Windows. If you want to use it with your Chromebox, I would suggest running Linux from your USB drive. Get Puppy Linux. It's designed to work from a USB drive. You don't have to install it to use it.

Aree Wongwanlee, Oct 2, 2016
    something back likes this.
  3. cluckeyo

remnant

Some years ago, Linux proved difficult to use and install but nowadays, you might give Linux distros a second look as things have become easier. Management of the software is easy including for laptops which was a hard thing to do at some point including the sustainable use of the battery. As the internet became faster, Linux distributions shrank in size and now can process things faster than before.

remnant, Oct 14, 2016
Ask a Question