Linux newbie needs help - 3G Modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pdt42, Nov 17, 2008.

1. pdt42

Huntingdon

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your help.

Not sure what's going on, but I am up and running now.

I think you are right that you need to ensure the WiFi connection are off before you do anything with Mobile partner. I am wondering if I left the Connection manager open while I was testing before and this somehow upset things when Mobile partner comes up??? I guess when I really need to use this, it will not be a problem as there won't be a WiFi connection around ( otherwise I would use that )

Anyway, I appreciate your help.

I will do some further tests on which order to open/close connections to see if I cam learn anything. Will post back if relevant.

Cheers.

Huntingdon, Feb 7, 2009
  2. pdt42

peteros

Help - this relative newbie is also in trouble. Followed all the correspondence about connecting the Huawai 260 3G dongle and going quietly mad until - a few weeks ago - downloaded the Mobile Partner prog. Since then, been connecting to Internet no trouble - until this week! Now, I'm getting the same messages I use to get before installing Mobile Partner. It starts by saying: "Device detected..." then in a few seconds: "This device has been disconnected or is unavailable"... and keeps repeating this process. :(

I've tried re-loading Linpus, plus all the updates (twice) without success. The dongle's on T-mobile, and is working fine with my Mac laptop. Not aware of anything being changed on the AAO, apart from software updates from time to time.

Please, can anyone advise what's gone wrong... and what I need to do to recover a properly functioning set-up?

peteros, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question