Linux Freespirit OS

Discussion in 'Storage' started by vinnypew, Oct 21, 2008.

1. vinnypew

vinnypew

I would like to install this OS on my Aspire one. Is it posible? and how do i run it fron a CD thaks :D

vinnypew, Oct 21, 2008
  2. vinnypew

vinnypew

Again I would like to install Linux Freespire onto this Aspire1. 8 gb ssd and an added 16 gb SD card expansion. :?:

vinnypew, Oct 31, 2008
  3. vinnypew

phate

If you have a CD drive for your Aspire One then just burn a CD and either change the boot options in the bios or hit f12 at boot.

If you don't have a CD drive but do have a spare flash drive of the needed size (1GB should do for a regular Live CD) then just grab the ISO and UNetBootin http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

phate, Nov 7, 2008
  4. vinnypew

melhiore

You also must be sure this distro is capable of booting from USB. There are several distributions not able/blocked from USB boot - f.e. there is a lot of problems with Mandriva...

Still the easiest way of installing distro to HDD is borrowing external CD/DVD drive or even buying one for your self...

melhiore, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question