linpus package manager problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nfx, Aug 1, 2008.

1. nfx

nfx

I didn't really want to give up on linpus right away... but when I first realized I couldn't even compile a program (wanted bonnie++) I was very upset.

But you guys showed me how to make this stock distro to run a little less user friendly and I found the package manager. But everytime I try to install the development tools I want, it just hangs at the resolving dependencies for updates window. The status bar will go all the way over... but it just sits there. It's been sitting there for an hour... not a whole lot of hd activity, so I'm wondering if this is right or not.

I've used linux in the past... when I was in junior high i had all the time in the world to sit down with slackware and learn linux... but i dont have that kind of time now in college and i want this thing to work, but at the same time allow me to get back into the swing of things with a linux install. so im going to be effing with linpus for the time being... but if i cant even get a compiler working I'm going to give up and go with fedora or ubuntu.

any ideas guys?

one more note. i threw on xp last night as a test (oem corp copy... no nlite, a few speed tweaks in xp after install.. runs ok) then used the restore cd to reinstall the hd back to oem spec (with the 1gb swap/backup and 6.5gb os partitions), just incase that is what the issue is.

thanks.

nfx, Aug 1, 2008
  2. nfx

darfel

are you sure you are connected to the net when you try to run the package manager? Can you surf on Firefox?
    Don't you need to configure any proxy server to have access to the net?

darfel, Aug 2, 2008
Ask a Question