[Linpus] My Documents/My files are Missing.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by anjokid, Jan 31, 2009.

1. anjokid

anjokid

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out i went to try get into my documents folder on the hard drive of my Aspire one to find that i cannot access them, i am trying to also get into the My Videos section too so that i can recieve my videos from that, just wondering if anyone can help me get them back.

Thanks

Anjokid

anjokid, Jan 31, 2009
  2. anjokid

daldred

I'm not quite clear on what you mean: are the icon for My Documents / My Files still there on your desktop? If so, what happens when you click on one of them?

daldred, Jan 31, 2009
  3. anjokid

anjokid

they are there yes, but when i click on them nothing comes up, when i open my pictures i get the file explorer, but usually on the left there is the documents and downloads folders and they are not visible.

i have made a bootable gOS USB Drive and now copying all the files over, i am a bit annoyed that i am having to do this, going to try stick a nlite version of XP on see how that runs.

anjokid, Feb 1, 2009
  4. anjokid

daldred

It sounds as though you've got something wrong in the settings for Thunar, but if you've decided on a different way of sorting it out I'll leave you to it.

Ity's easy to foul up the file manager in XP, too, if you get something wrong.

daldred, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question