Linpus disk tidying to free space up

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sirbendy, Mar 13, 2009.

1. sirbendy

sirbendy

Currently running Linpus on the 8gb AAO, after trying a few distros. Quite like it, now I've got WINE installed, and Virtualbox etc

However, I'm running out of space on the SSD - is there any way/suggestions for decluttering it and reclaiming space? Or it is just a case of buying a big SDHC card and using the expander slot?

Cheers!

sirbendy, Mar 13, 2009
  2. sirbendy

RockDoctor

I'd go for that big SDHC card. Just remember that under Linpus, if you put it in the left slot, in the left slot it stays.

RockDoctor, Mar 13, 2009
  3. sirbendy

sirbendy

fairy nuff! :) I'm impressed so far...Virtualbox running an XP VM - lovely..while WINEing a work remote desktop tool and surfing the net in FF2...not even hassled!

Got the VM on a 2gb flashcard, but so far...for a pintsized machine, its working lovely.

Just looking at the latest version of Linpus Lite in a VM...hmmm...I backed this up last night... :twisted:

I've done the 1.5gb RAM upgrade...it barely needs it. Linpus is using 89mb at desktop in the VM..not bad... :lol:

sirbendy, Mar 13, 2009
  4. sirbendy

ronime

You probably won't need the swap file then. This would allow you to reclaim 1GB on the SSD, if you have not already done so.

ronime, Mar 13, 2009
  5. sirbendy

Shad0wguy

Only problem with that is that only items in your home directory are saved to the sd, so if he's running out of space due to too many programs an SD card won't solve the problem.

OP, have you checked Macles? I remember following the instructions there to remove additional languages from openoffice, remove additional locales and a few other things that freed over 1.5GB from my SSD.

Shad0wguy, Mar 13, 2009
Ask a Question