Linpus crashed and wont boot anymore

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jmagic, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jmagic

jmagic

Hi,

Today I got my Aspire One and at first it looked like everything was going fine. Next, I tried to put WLAN into adhoc mode (using madwifi.org wiki instructions). I managed to get it working, but it also crashed with caps lock led blinking. I powered off and booted again. Now the iwconfig tool hanged (did not respond to any kill signal either) so I tried reboot. The shutdown process seemed to hang (aspire screen was there forever), so I brutally powered off.

I guess it was a bad idea, since now it does not boot up anymore, I only get the mouse cursor to show. The mouse moves but nothing else happens.

In boot, pressing tab opens GRUB, but I couldn't boot to singleuser mode by putting a '1' into the kernel parameters? I suppose there's something seriously messed up, but I can't even see what it is since I can't go to console. Are there any hidden keys to open console or to kill the X?

Or do I really have to use the rescue DVD on the very first day?

jmagic, Aug 7, 2008
  2. jmagic

jmagic

I did a complete recovery and its up and running again. Still wondering about the runlevels though, having a console wouldn't hurt in emergency situations.

jmagic, Aug 7, 2008
Ask a Question