linpus blacks out on battery mode

Discussion in 'Linux' started by alf, Jul 16, 2008.

1. alf

alf

i just got my hands on a 1gb ram unit with 8gb ssd linux/linpus.

wierd problem happening, when i plug in the ac-adapter, system is A-ok fine. battery is charged fully.

if i plug out the power adapter, or boot from battery, after a few seconds, the display blanks out and nothing i do can make it come back. (system has hung i suspect as pressing cap lock does nothing at all on the status display) not even pressing the power button

the battery IS charged.

i can stay for hours on the bios screen on battery w/o this happening.

i decided to format it with windows (xp pro sp2) and it worked fine. installed and ran it on battery all the way.

i decided to recover it with the recover cd and the usb dvd rom drive, same problem.

=(

any one has the same issues ? or have a clue ? I tried setting hte power settings properly when ac adapter is plugged in, but no help there.

alf, Jul 16, 2008
  2. alf

alf

i've narrowed down the problem more.

it only happens when the battery is charging or being drained. it looks like when linux polls the battery power, it just crash and burns.

=(

alf, Jul 16, 2008
Ask a Question