[Linpus] Aspire One Mail : issue with SMTP setting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pdemong, Nov 7, 2008.

1. pdemong

pdemong

Hi,

I configured 3 POP accounts with success, and now I'd like to be able to send email from Aspire One Mail.

So I first set the SMTP unauthentified service (port 25) of my provider, but I had an error when trying to send an email.
    Then I set the SSL authentified SMTP service (port 465) of my Yahoo!Mail Plus account, but no more success.

Has anyone managed to configure an SMTP service on Aspire One Mail ? May be there is an issue on the soft, Acer support line was unable to help me.

pdemong, Nov 7, 2008
  2. pdemong

pdemong

I try several forums for AO (in french, english), and I have the feeling to be the only one trying to use the Aspire One Mail on Linpus, and having an issue on SMTP service.

I'm pretty sure that it's a bug in the soft of acer.

pdemong, Nov 10, 2008
  3. pdemong

daldred

Since Acer Mail seems to be able to send mail by SMTP for other services, notably gmail), it seems more likely that there is something specific about the service you are using, or the settings.

I assume you've run all Live Updates to ensure that you have the most up to date version?

I'm no longer using it, having switched to Thunderbird, but if you post

- your complete list of settings (obviously blanking out your password and account name)
    - the settings information provided to you by Yahoo
    - and the error messages you are getting (start the program from a terminal instead of the GUI and you should see more detailed messages)

I may be able to help more.

daldred, Nov 10, 2008
  4. pdemong

pdemong

Hi, sorry for the delay.

After few researchs, the software of Acer seems to be the original problem
    I switched to Thunderbird and had no issue to connect to my usual SMTP server.

pdemong, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question