Liking Chrome more and more

Discussion in 'Chrome OS' started by cluckeyo, Jun 12, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I have a new Chromebox to set up but I'm waiting on a monitor cord. In the meantime I have been migrating things off of my laptop to Google Drive. This is a powerful set up. I have pretty much found every app that I need in the Web Store, most are free and the one that isn't, is quite inexpensive. I am looking forward to running the Chrome box. My laptop is on it's last legs. I have moved everything of importance of to Google Drive, so I'm ready when it bites the dust. And will be moving to Chromebook. I'd like to hear from others who have made this move.

cluckeyo, Jun 12, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

judyd1

I love Chrome on my PC! When my son first switched over to Chrome, I was like: why'd you do that? I just got Explorer mastered, even if there were some glitches every now and then. But he liked Chrome's speed and insisted it was faster (that's the most important thing to him) and so Chrome is at the bottom of my screen now, and I click on it just the same as that blue 'e' that's still over there. I'm very satisfied with Chrome's performance.

And when he added ChromeCast to our TV sets, that sold me on Chrome's features. We don't have cable anymore, just subscriptions to Hulu and Netflix. With ChromeCast, we can watch any of our regular Hulu and Netflix choices on any television in the house. All of that influences my satisfaction with Chrome itself.

judyd1, Jun 16, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Corzhens

We are still looking at Chromebook because we are not used to cloud storage although we have availed of the Google Drive but just for portability - my husband's files at home is synchronized with his files in the office and vice versa using the facility of Google Drive. Our plan to buy a new laptop remains on hold due to shortage of budget that's why for the meantime I am in hunt for alternatives. However, my husband's main dig in the new laptop is video editing so I guess Chromebook cannot handle that. Is this correct?

Corzhens, Jun 16, 2016
Ask a Question