Lightroom 2.0 locking up on Win 7

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NCPictures, Aug 12, 2009.

1. NCPictures

NCPictures

I have been running Windows 7 for a while without any troubles.

I am now trying Lightroom 2.0. It runs OK until I try to ingest images from the SD card. It just freezes... I can move the cursor, but cannot click on any items on 2.0. Task Manager says the program is still running.

Any ideas?

NCPictures, Aug 12, 2009
  2. NCPictures

TRUTI

In win7 you would be able to move ur cursor but the LR2 window becomes paled out / disabled. Try copying the files into local drives. That should help. Usually this happens when the seek speeds are low..

Easy Fixes:
    1. Check speed of ur SD card. If taken from a DSLR, it should not be the issue.
    2. Install the latest JMICRON drivers for the card reader. There is an update available for these.

TRUTI, Aug 27, 2009
  3. NCPictures

DawMatt

FWIW I'm running the Lightroom 3 beta on Windows 7 with an A110. Haven't had any issues with the platform so far. Just need to convince Adobe to use Netbook friendly dialog sizes in a few key areas (e.g. program preferences).

I did move the CameraRaw cache, my catalog, the files being ingested and my temporary directory to a 16Gb SDHC to reduce issues with writing to the slow SSD. Add the flashpoint driver and the whole system performs quite well given what I'm asking of it.

Matt

DawMatt, Oct 27, 2009
Ask a Question