Lifebook E782 laptop switches off after every 10 minutes.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Kusimap, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Kusimap

Kusimap

Hello. This is my first time on the forum and I do not know if this has been covered before. I have a lifebook e782 laptop. One day I switched it on while there was some water underneath. It showed a blue screen. I then let it dry for 3 weeks. Now when I switch it on, everything works but it switches off every 9-10 minutes. The fan is high speed from switching on. I have checked the cpu temperature with speedfan and core temp. It switches off when the temperatures are about 59°C on both cores. I have opened it and put new thermal paste and switched it on. By the time it switches off the heat sink is only warm. I have switched it on without the hard drive and it still switches off. I have alternated the ram memory modules one at a time in different slots. The result is the same. I have checked memory diagnostics and it says no problems found. I have switched it on in safe mode and the result is the same. I have switched it on with either the PSU or the battery. Same result. I have set the power options not to switch off at all and no hibernation. Same result. I cannot think of anything else to do. For 10 minutes everything works like normal. Once it switches off, I switch it on again immediately and it is another 10 minutes before it switches off. I cannot find anywhere where it is set to switch off after 10 minutes. Maybe someone knows what the problem is. Thanks in advance

Kusimap, Jul 10, 2021
Ask a Question