Lenovo yoga 2 flex runs like garbage

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by tuju, Mar 17, 2015.

1. tuju

tuju

I just purchased this laptop from the lenovo website about a week and a half ago and this thing runs like garbage right out of the box.

I mainly purchased it for school work and watching netflix/anime, but mostly for watching anime.

when i go to watch a video, it takes forever to load, then when it does manage to load, it is super choppy and most of the time you cant even tell whats going on the show. Sometimes i start a new tab and let the video buffer for a while, 20-30 minutes. but if you leave it too long, the freaking webpage will just stop responding and it will want me to kill the page. it freezes all the time randomly. ect ect. i cant take this thing. its awful. is there something i can do to help this issue?

this is the only computer in the house like this, so its not the wifi or anything like that.

the specs on the computer are i5-4210 4th gen 1.7 GHz with 4 gigs of ram and one of those hybrid hard drives.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

tuju, Mar 17, 2015
  2. tuju

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Straight out of the box and running slow COULD mean your computer if top heavy with BLOATWARE, stuff you do not need... see this web page,,,
    http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Lenovo-oem-bloatware.aspx

They have also had to apologise for pre-loading a program called 'Superfish' try Googling that to see how to remove it...

Try visiting this page... http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/top_freeware_picks.html

MajorGeeks is THE place to download FREE and malware/Bloatware-free programs...
    if they find that the Supplier IS trying to sneakily add 'rubbish programs while you are installing a specific proram, MajorGeeks has a warning and usually a note how to avoid loading that cr*p - down near the bottom of the download page.

So 1. get rid of un-needed crap programs
    2. Get a decent ANTIVIRUS (suite or individual antimalware) Program
    3 Only download recommended programs from MajorGeeks.

Oh yes,
    4. if your 'Trial' Antivirus stuff' was McAffees or Norton/ Symentec - ONLY uninstal it using the OFFICIAL uninstallers (from Majorgeeks or direct from the Manufacturer) Those two Programs install in the same manner as Rootkits (NOT good) and Windows CANNOT remove ALL of it.

Hope to hear that you are running full steam ahead, soon,,,

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Mar 18, 2015
Ask a Question